Five Burns Charest Attorneys Named to List of Nation’s Top Plaintiff Lawyers for Financial Matters
The Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers Guide has recognized five Burns Charest attorneys on the prestigious list for 2022.
Lawdragon selects honorees through nominations, research and review by a distinguished board of top attorneys from across the nation. According to the publication’s editor, the 500 lawyers selected “are on the front lines for investors who’ve lost millions, individuals who’ve had their data stolen and small businesses who’ve been bamboozled by financial predators.”
The following Burns Charest attorneys were selected to this year’s list:
- Warren Burns has tried nationwide class actions and numerous multidistrict litigation cases involving antitrust claims and other consumer and competition-related issues. He currently serves as co-lead trial counsel in RICO and monopolization claims against the manufacturer and distributor of the EpiPen.
- Daniel Charest is recognized as a leading attorney for high-stakes litigation in federal and state courts. He currently serves as co-lead counsel in claims by landowners relating to government-induced flooding after Hurricane Harvey. He was recognized as “Attorney of The Year” in Texas for 2020 by Texas Lawyer.
- Christopher Cormier is an accomplished plaintiffs’ lawyer who has substantial experience litigating significant antitrust and commercial cases. As court-appointed co-lead class counsel, he recently obtained a $58 million settlement and significant injunctive relief in a data privacy case against fin-tech company Plaid Inc. And earlier this year, he helped win a $41 million jury verdict as trial counsel, along with Daniel Charest, for a business client against a publicly-traded utility in a commercial dispute arising out of a foreign oil and gas concession.
- Amanda Klevorn focuses her practice on mass tort, antitrust, and data privacy litigation in both federal and state courts. She currently serves on the Plaintiffs Steering Committee in multidistrict litigation against TikTok Inc., as well as in the MDL involving tenofovir-based drugs produced by Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Darren Nicholson represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation, intellectual property disputes and white-collar criminal cases in courts across the nation. He currently represents an interstate group of healthcare providers in litigation involving the opioid epidemic.
The complete list of the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers and additional information is available here.